There are many reasons why people use CBD.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a compound sourced from the industrial hemp plant. It works with the body’s natural endocannabinoid system to promote a variety of benefits, and many people find that it’s a valuable part of their regular wellness routine.
From skin care products to pet treats, CBD has exploded in popularity in the past several years. And there’s no sign of that changing anytime soon, especially after industrial hemp was federally legalized with the passing of the 2018 U.S. Farm Bill.
If you’re considering trying CBD, there’s never been a better time to find safe and reliable products. With that in mind, here are some of the reasons why people use CBD—and why you might want to try it yourself.
Types of CBD Products
Before we get into CBD cannabinoid benefits, it might be helpful to look at the various types of CBD products that are available. Different CBD formats are better for achieving different results, so it’s always a good idea to do your research and know what your best option is.
- Popular CBD products today include:
- Edibles (including CBD gum, mints, and gummies)
- Oils (also known as CBD tinctures)
- Topicals (lotions, creams, serums, etc.)
- Capsules and pills
If you’re new to CBD, start with a low-dose product that allows you to gradually increase the amount you consume, such as CBD gum, mints or other edibles. We also recommend checking out our post on CBD forms and dosages so you can make an informed decision about where to begin.
Common CBD Uses
Does CBD do anything? For many people the answer is a resounding “yes.” CBD in its many forms offers a range of potential benefits, including quite a few that can increase everyday well-being.
Some of the most common CBD uses include:
- Stress relief – CBD may make people feel more calm, providing a natural approach to stress relief. And because it’s safe to use daily, some may find it to be a no-brainer to use CBD regularly for this benefit alone.
- Relaxation – In addition to offering relief from stress, CBD may also induce relaxation and help with feelings of anxiety, making it a preferable alternative to pharmaceutical medications.
- Sleep support – Because of its calming properties, CBD may also be useful as a sleep aid. Some studies have even shown that it may be able to directly alleviate problems related to certain sleep disorders.
- Pain relief – Studies show that CBD’s effects on the endocannabinoid system may offer effective pain relief, including reliable relief from things like inflammation and chronic nerve and back pain.